Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Chemistry was never such fun!

I was sleeping in class. Yet again. No matter how hard I try to keep my eyes open, the Chemistry Sir's droning voice eventually puts me to sleep. I always wonder if he uses chloroform as a deodrant or something. I was in the 90% asleep 10% still in class state when a sudden jab brought me back to reality.
"OUCH!", I whisper - shrieked and turned to see who it was. Shelly. Who else. "WTF, You scared me to...", I broke off when I saw how hard she was trying to refrain herself from bursting into laughter.

Okay, So I missed some very funny joke. I looked around. No one was laughing. The first bencher's were busy jotting down the rubbish Sir had written on the board. The last bencher's were sleeping and Vidz was animatedly explaining her 'I wasted 100 lts of water' incident to Avi. I looked at Shelly again who was trying to control the giggles which threatened to burst any moment. "What is so funny?", I asked. She looked for a pen, found it in the desk and scribbled something in her extremely tidy ( 'Cuz nothing was written) notebook. I leaned over and tried to make out her scribbles.

'Lstn 2 Vnkt' was written

Okay, for people who are not from my college, Venkat is our Chem lec.

Though listening to him was the last thing on my list of 'Things to do when class is boring', I tried to tune in.

"Naturally you will can't flow from low pressure to high pressure area.", he was saying.
"Huh?", I said totally not understanding what he meant. "I am not a gas or something for me to flow from L.P to H.P region". She saw the 'Question mark' expression on my face and started giggling harder.

*Realisation*

Thats was exactly why Shelly was laughing! Vnkt's english was utter rubbish! I
I looked at Shelly and we both burst out laughing. Though there was nothing that funny, we laughed anyway. Thats exactly how we are. We just need a reason to laugh.
This suddenly seemed more interesting than sleeping so i tuned in completely and started listening to his class.

Some of his Phrases, statements, whatever.

# "Some disturb is there in orderness"
Meaning : There is a disturbance in the order.

# "Entropy also what happened??"
Meaning : How is entropy related?

# "Correct as wrong is given"
Meaning : The textbook is wrong so correct it.

# "Like this formulas also you can take"
Meaning : You can use similar formulae.

# "The inside quantity must be readily boiled"
Meaning : The quantity inside the container should boil immediately.

#"Total heat is inside is there"
Meaning : Still trying to find out!

And it goes on..

We ended up laughing at him the whole hour and this resulted in empty notebooks which were bound to creat trouble for us. Later. But we enjoyed and that is what matters!

Seriously, Chemistry was never such fun!

5 comments:

  1. Lol! Vnkt is the limit! My stomach still aches!
    So you did publish it on the blog..Didn't think you would do it.
    You are too lazy!
    Anyway good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe...wow...thats so very gud..! and very truely said too.! neva tried listrnin to his borin classes man..! thanks to ya and shelly and yeah kk fr the best entertainment.!
    > tl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Five More Minutes:
    While at the park one day, a woman sat down next to a man on a bench near a playground.
    “That’s my son over there,” she said, pointing to a little boy in a red sweater who was gliding down the slide.
    “He’s a fine looking boy” the man said. “That’s my daughter on the bike in the white dress.”
    Then, looking at his watch, he called to his daughter. “What do you say we go, Melissa?”
    Melissa pleaded, “Just five more minutes, Dad. Please? Just five more minutes.”
    The man nodded and Melissa continued to ride her bike to her heart’s content. Minutes passed and the father stood and called again to his daughter. “Time to go now?”
    Again Melissa pleaded, “Five more minutes, Dad. Just five more minutes.”
    The man smiled and said, “OK.”
    “My, you certainly are a patient father,” the woman responded.
    The man smiled and then said, “Her older brother Tommy was killed by a drunk driver last year while he was riding his bike near here. I never spent much time with Tommy and now I’d give anything for just five more minutes with him. I’ve vowed not to make the same mistake with Melissa.
    She thinks she has five more minutes to ride her bike. The truth is, I get Five more minutes to watch her play.”
    Life is all about making priorities, what are your priorities?
    Give someone you love 5 more minutes of your time today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha....omg....venkat ....v can actualy "auction" hs nd amalindu's fotos man...!!
    ultimate ppl..................!!
    nd ya rememba dat "inverted dalmsion" joke v crakd n him....!!!
    loooolllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    luv ya.....mwahz..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok.. What the hell do those expressions mean... i swear.. how these ppl get to teach..

    It did give me a good laugh...

    Web hosting india

    ReplyDelete