Saturday, December 5, 2009

The haunting memories.

As I walked outside and looked up at the sky
It seemed like the clouds, with me, wanted to cry
The glowing bonfire which ultimately dies
reminded me of your shining eyes;
The laughs, the smiles and all the little things we shared
seemed so real but now I know you'd never cared
I was just a passing milestone.
a dying star which never shone;
Somewhere I knew it was not right,
But I'd created a virtual world in which you were my knight.
But the world of make-believe never lasts long
and I was forced see how everything had gone too wrong.
And my bubble burst and I was no longer the princess
Just my usual self, feeling very useless.
As I continue to walk, I couldn't help but to let out a sigh,
As tears rolled down my eyes, how I wished I could once again be by your side..

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touching and really great. It touched me for sure. The blatant truthfulness of how one can feel :)
    But I didn't like "but now I know you'd never cared", it is an insult for the relationship and the guy you loved. I guess so, anyways the poem is hopeful and that is how one is supposed to live. full of hope :).

    "And I still remember when I used to hug my heart remembering you,
    the smiles, the laughs, the love, you, it was all so true.
    Ever truer than what I am now,
    I may be wrong now, and thus I bow."

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Puneet, Ty :)

    The line you mentioned wasn't meant to be an insult. It is just the feeling one gets when they realize all that they've done was just in vain. 'Empty' in your words.

    'I may be wrong now, and thus I bow'? I failed to get the catch but the first three lines are better than the entire composition I wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you're a BORN poetess dude!
    rock on! :)

    ReplyDelete